Wednesday, April 10, 2013

One Year

Today marks one year of being together.  Can you believe it?  I can't. It's hard to pen about how much this day really means to us. I'm quick to relive all the feelings of anxiety, excitement and anticipation that 22 months of waiting felt like.  As well as reliving how emotional and sad this time was for Nash.  Loosing everything he's ever known.  As we now wait for Leo to join our family, I'm often reminded of how much the waiting stinks. Like really stinks. Can I sum up a years worth having Nash in our lives in one post? Nope.  Not even going to try.  I have been weepy lately.  Thinking about how much the year has meant to us, how it's been the most challenging, rewarding year of our lives. How I could never picture our world without Nash and how blessed we are to be his parents. Kids change a lot in 1 year.  The pictures prove it, but for us it's really so much more than just looking back at pictures.  It's about how Nash has grown into this silly, out-going, boisterous, imaginative, adventurous, compassionate, sensitive and lovable little boy. Nash talks our ear off and says hilarious things like calling his daddy "Mr. Pirate Booty Head" and expresses his feelings "mommy, I'm mad at you" (two seconds later) "not mad at you mommy, happy face". I think he changes daily.  I can pick him up from school at the end of the day and I swear he has grown. We can't wait to see what the next year brings, and the next, and the next.  Remembering to live in the moment and enjoy every little milestone is what parenting is all about.

Today-4/10/2013

Year ago-4/10/2012

1 comment:

  1. Look at all those smiles! Cannot believe what a big boy you have become Nash. Thank you for letting us be your friend! Love you.

    ReplyDelete