Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Nash vs. the Soup (Hint: the soup declared the winner)

I should know by now, when our social worker calls us to tell us she has an unexpected update on Nash it's never good news.  Just in case you all forgot, about six months ago we were informed Nash had fallen and received a few stitches above his eye. Well this time, he managed to run into a pot of soup that was cooking on a hot plate on the floor, it dumped over and he fell on top of it and got second degree burns on his hand, for-arm and foot.  Foster mom went directly to the hospital, where he was admitted so they could treat aggressively.  All is well now and his burns are healing well.  The initial report stated that foster mom felt awful.  I don't blame her, rather I'm not having to read too far in between the lines to know that Nash will be an active boy.  Add this story to my long list of questions I have prepared to ask foster mom about when we meet her.  I'll have to dedicate a section of Nash's baby book just to his accidents! 

It's now been about 2.5 weeks and still no news of emigration permission approval.  The countdown is still on...but I'm finding myself more anxious than ever.  I think we are just so close to the end, to having Nash in our arms forever, that everyday seems like a week.  Until then, I'll continue to: prepare for my leave from work (and yes I'm returning in case anyone from my co. is reading this), continue the baby proofing (note to self-  must.move.knife.drawer), as well as getting everything organized for our travel.  I'm sure I'll dedicate an entry about all the stuff we are taking over.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Nash, I heart you. So glad to hear that you are ok, but I love how precocious you are and I think you will give Simon a little flavor:) Can't wait to see what kind of shenanigans you two get up to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Sorry to hear about the accident. Will you have room for Nash-sized bubble wrap in your suitcase? Those boys can be buggers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Little Guy! I am so glad to hear he is on the mend!

    ReplyDelete