Monday, March 5, 2012

The ball is rolling...EP Submitted~

Today, at approximately 9:27 a.m., we received a phone call from our agency that Nash's emigration paperwork was submitted for approval to the Korean Ministry!  This is the phone call we have been waiting for.  This signals that everything is moving....and starts the countdown clock to when we might travel. Also begins the speculation on when that might be.  Here are the next steps and projected time lines (really, its super confusing to keep straight so I will outline in a bullet point approach.)
  • Now we have to wait for EP approval.  Our agency is stating anywhere from 3-8 weeks for approval.  I don't think it will take 8 weeks.  I really think they feel so awful that we all had to wait so long that I'm hopeful 4 weeks top.
  • After EP approval, his paperwork is submitted to the American Embassy in D.C., where he will have his visa interview.  Agency timeline for this step is 1-3 weeks.
  • After his paperwork is complete, visa issued, we should get the travel call w/in days! 
So, I will receive 2 more phone calls. One to signal his paperwork is out of the Ministry and onto the U.S. embassy, and the final call, the best call I will ever receive in my life will be the T.C.- travel call. Then, 48 hrs. later we on a plane to bring home our boy and I'll be blogging my updates from Korea! 

Eeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkk!  This mama is bananas excited too BECAUSE Nash's soon to be bestie Simon (Desirae's and Steve's adorable son) ALSO was submitted for EP!  If the stars align, we could be traveling on the same timeline.

2 comments:

  1. SO SUPER EXCITED!! We HAVE to travel together or I will lose it. Also crossing my fingers for some new Nash photos in the next couple days?!?!

    ReplyDelete