Thursday, November 8, 2012

Rewind- Halloween 2012

Nash's first Halloween was a total success.  The day started out with costume parade at Nash's school.  They encouraged all the kids to wear "peaceful" costumes.  Which I guess is a nice way of saying don't send your kids to school dressed like Freddy Krueger.  Everyone with older children (let's say 4 and up) tell me that I should enjoy the time when I get to dress Nash however I like.  I have a feeling this will extend to more than just Halloween.  I'm guessing my days of Nash thinking bow ties are cool are limited.  DANG!  Parents were encouraged to attend the parade, so Grandma Sandy and I eagerly participated   It was so dang cute.  All the kids in the school walking throughout the neighborhood collection pennies for UNICEF.  One of the many things I love about his school is the true commitment to teaching the kids about charity and thinking about others less fortunate.  Nash was having an awesome time, running to the front of the line, marching with all the older kids.  All was well until he fell flat on his face and managed to get a huge scrape on his forehead.  We watched him fall and I thought for sure he had lost his two front teeth.  So, in the end it was minimal damage accept the fact that this mama was a little nervous because it was the very next day we had to appear for our finalization hearing.  Later that night we went trick or treating at a few houses around the neighborhood.  Nash was excited to yet again wear his puppy outfit and sat pretty still while I painted his face.  I was pretty proud of my work (thanks Pinterest!)  Funny story, we have some new neighbors that moved in that we had yet to meet.  I was thinking it was a perfect opportunity to finally meet them.  So I send adorable Nash to the door, and she answer and Nash runs into the house!  Que embarrassment! Although I have to admit I totally wanted to follow him in the check out the house.  As you can tell from the pictures...Nash took being a Dalmatian very seriously.  Yeesh, what does this mama have to do to get a smile for the camera!!!!!! 











2 comments:

  1. AHHH!!!! SOOOO CUUUUTTTEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I was your neighbor I would have loved him to run into my house:)

    ReplyDelete