Sunday, November 4, 2012

Finalization-Finally!

On November 1, 2012, we finalized Nash's adoption in front of a judge.  The finalization symbolizes that we are officially a family of three and marks the end of the adoption process.  I was feeling especially emotional on this day.  The hearing only lasted about 10 minutes, we got it all on video which will be so fun to show Nash someday.  The icing on the cake was that Nash's buddy Simon's hearing was also on the same day, literally the next hearing scheduled.  We had a little celebration with our family and friends that night.  A day we will never forget.

My eyes were so red from all the happy tears!

Rare pic of Nash actually smiling.  Simon can always make him smile.
That is my mom in the background....I just love how big
her smile is!
Hug it out!



3 comments:

  1. YAY!!! Congrats!!! How cool Nash and Simon were on the same day!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and perfect day! Your finalization was happy and emotional, so glad I was able to witness it. Heart u Nash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got teary just looking at that happy boy and his parents. SO SO excited for you all that it's officially official!

    ReplyDelete