Friday, April 1, 2011

Bright Lights of Broadway.......or Minneapolis

Last night I went to see a production of Little Shop of Horrors, put on by the Mu Performing Arts in Minneapolis.  The Mu Performing Arts is a theatre company dedicated to “great performances born of arts, equality, and justice from the heart of the Asian American Experience.”  (I stole that from their mission statement).  The entire cast was Asian American.  The play was amazing; the actors had acting and singing chops that could compete with the kids on Glee or Broadway.  I feel lucky, my parents always exposed me to different experiences, whether I was taking tap dance lessons, practicing the French horn (which I sorta hated), or playing sports.  My mission statement to Nash will be to support him in whatever life passions he has.  I could live with seeing his name in bright lights on Broadway or the Mu Performing Arts stage right here in our backyard., close to home.   

No comments:

Post a Comment