Thursday, June 2, 2011

Kil Sook

I was doing my daily dose of shopping browsing online and came accross this artist.  I just feel in love with her work.  She herself was adopted from Korea and lives in Milwaukee.  I didn't really know this at the time but should have guessed by hear heartfelt and touching portraits of kids.  It was hard to choose just one print but this poem just spoke to me, I can't wait to read it to Nash.  I'm actually crying as I'm typing it (its hard to see so I'll type it out for everyone).


there has always been
a special branch on our family tree
just for you.

family.

no two trees are exactly a like
no two branches grow the same.
by plane.  by train.  by car.
by hope.  by fluke.  by circumstance.
by love.  by promise.  by story.
by memory.  by want.  by choice.

by gratitute.  by dream.
by thank you.  by hug.
by tears.  by smiles.
by miles.  by delivery.
by wait.  by good night.
by the journy.
by the way

its good to be home.


http://www.kilsook.etsy.com/


1 comment: