Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Distract Me, Please!

Yeesh, where did the week go?  Well, you can't complain when the work week is only 4 days!  The theme of my post today is diversion.  Specifically, diversion from my thoughts about how LONG this dang wait is.  I might have to take down my Lily pie tickler because any day now I think it might say "Waiting 100 years for Nash to come home"   here are some suggested topics I'm glad to discuss vs. this eternity of a wait to bring my Nash home.

1.  Your summer plans.  Mine include going to cabin, finding great places to eat outside around the metro area, an upcoming trip to Miami, Twins games, date-nights, bonfires at my besties house, the farmers market, golf, and taking Butchy for leisurely walks.
2. Your baby must haves.  If you have toddlers, what are your favorites for: traveling in the car, baths, playing outside, etc. 
3. Summer books- I could use some good summer (chick-lit) reads for the beach and lazy cabin days.

Many thanks!

1 comment:

  1. hi, alli! thinking about you and sending you hugs as continue this long wait!

    here are my answers for you ;)
    1. we are spending a week visiting my in-laws in chicago and WI. carson will get to meet his cousin molly for the first time! yay!
    we're also doing a beach week in hilton head, which i am SO excited about. other than that, we'll be spending lots of time at the pool and outside!

    2. we have lots and lots of favorites, but right now, carson loves his melissa and doug wooden stacking rings and his pororo stacking blocks. he also adores books and is very much into ones with flaps to open. bee-bim-bop is another favorite title. he also LOVES balls and riding toys. we have the chicco car, and it's just okay. if i had room for it, i'd get this one:
    http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Baby-Bounce-Spin-Zebra/dp/B000EULX9I/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1307073010&sr=1-3 -- it's fun AND stationary!

    3. i cannot say enough awesome things about "the hunger games" trilogy. it's not chick-lit, but it's SO good. chick-lit wise, the jane green books are always pretty decent and quick reads!

    thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete