Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Can you say eollugmal? A special present for Nash and us!

Don't worry, I can't really pronounce it either.  Its zebra in Korean.  We received a very special gift from super nanny guru, Dharma.  Dharma not only know about kiddos, she knows about kiddos whose second language is English.  She gave us a beautiful set of books, with all the Korean words and pronunciations attached to each page.  I can't even imagine how long it took her to put this together for all these books!  She also gave us the English and Korean version of one of my favorites!  I heard a rumor that Dharma had one of her kids mom's bring it back from Korea.  Hubs and I were overwhelmed by this thoughtful gift.  Dharma also reassured us that the kids she works with, pick up on English very quickly.  I'm not overly worried about Nash catching on, rather, I'm more worried about him always feeling connected to his birth language.  I think this is a great first step and know these will be some of our favorite reads!


 

1 comment: