Friday, July 6, 2012

Happy Birthday Nash!

  
He takes his Hanbok wearing responsibilities v
very seriously.
Today Nash is 2 years old!  A huge milestone for him and us.  Being able to be together for this special day has meant so much to us.  I'm trying not to go too overboard but wanted to make this day special.  Unfortunately, the day started out with a very long Dr. appointment, in which he had to get his blood drawn.  He was not a fan of that and needless to say might forever hate his birthday because of it.  Birthday's in Korea are all about tradition.  I think I wrote previously about the type of celebration Nash might be having for his his first birthday celebration with his foster family.  We are lucky enough to have pictures of celebration.  Part of the tradition includes placing items representing eventual trades or careers in front of a child and they are to pick one, and that object will represent what they will be when they grow up.  Since we already knew that Nash picked money as his object (Apa was pleased), we didn't recreate.  But foster mom sent home his beautiful hanbok and I couldn't wait to finally have a reason to put him back in it.  Most of it still fit, and I think he honestly remembered it.  The day is only half over, and the party will continue into the weekend.  I just wanted to make sure I posted something today, on his very birthday.  I'm weepy today thinking about how lucky we are, to have Nash in our lives.  We are so proud and honored to call him our son.

This is also the time to start some of our own little birthday family traditions.  I read about this idea in which every year, on their birthday you take a picture of your child first thing in the a.m., when they are still in bed.  So, we don't have year no. 1, but here's to the start of this new tradition.  Eventually, it will be fun to look back on all the pictures.

Did I mention that Nash is not a morning person?

And of course the new traditions of the sign!
This sign is BIG
I.can't.see. 

That's better.


1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday Nash! What a day of special surprises for u! (ok well it sounds like some weren't so special...) I love all these traditions and can't wait to see your morning picture each year! Enjoy your birthday weekend sweet sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete