Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Balancing Act

Life just a little more busy.  Today was my first day back to work and Nash' first day at daycare.  Are you dying to know how it went?  Overall, I think it went really, really, well.  Bret is in charge of the drop off in the a.m., so I can keep some earlier hours.  I'm only working half days this week so I hurried to pick Nash up at noon.  The report at 10:15 a.m. from his teacher was that he was doing well.  Cried for a while when Bret left but then soon got distracted.  Work flew by for me and soon it was time to pick him up!  I was anticipating a reaction from Nash when he first saw me, a cry, maybe a running hug into my arms?  Nope.  Instead he simply pointed and me and went back to eating his sloppy joe.  I witnessed him busing his dish (OMG, where did that come from???).  Everyday they give us a little report card, letting us know how his day went, how well he ate, how he interacted with others.  Today's report said, he ate breakfast and snack well, and that Chase (his little buddy) offered him a few cars and Nash shook his head no, a few minutes later Chase showed him a truck and Nash took it.  Nash also pointed to a friend who was sad.  He also tried to comfort that child by patting her.  OMG, how cute is that?  I'll be curious to see how nap time goes from him when he starts his full time days next week.  Hopefully his stuffed pug and special blanket will provide enough comfort to catch some Z's during the day.  I think it's absolutely amazing that you can get ten to twelve 2/3 year old children to nap at the same time and in the same room!

So this mama is breathing a little easier tonight.  It felt good to be back to work, too.

These were our announcements!  The site we used to design them like
them so much they asked me if they could have permission to
feature them and asked me to write a little story talking about bringing Nash home.
It got me $25 in free $ towards my next purchase.
I guess that means I'll be sending out holiday cards this year. 

Here, hold this please!!!!

Enough with the signs mama!

Me trying to get him to hold his first report card from daycare.
"Nash, if you hold this you can have a sucker."

He won.
   

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad the first day went so well!!

    We all knew Nash was ridiculously adorable but now that he is a model I hope he will still give out autographs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Nash! You rock star you. I love the pics of him holding his announcement. So cute!

    ReplyDelete