Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Girls Trip to Chi-Town

This past weekend, I headed to Chicago with six of my closest friends for a girls weekend!  We had an awesome time.  Bret's mom came up from Madison to help out so Nash got the chance to have some extra time with grandma.  Which made me feel better leaving.  Bret is more than capable but still having some extra helped helped ease my anxiety about leaving.  We left on Thursday and came back on Sunday.  This was the first time I had been away from Nash.  Of course, he did awesome, I'm sure the time apart was way tougher on me than him.  Most of these girls I've known since elementary school, which is pretty unique.  We've managed over the years to travel together to Vegas, Denver, Chicago (once before) and NYC.  The weekend was full of great food, late nights, shopping, acting like tourists, comedy club and enough inside jokes to last another year.  We are already planning our trip for next year....did someone say Vegas?

Me on a Segway.   

Look at the view!  It was so cool to see the city this way.
Only downside?  It was freakn' freezing!!!!

Moules and frites!  Yummy.  We dined at a place where it was
BYOB or Wine.  We felt a little awkward each walking in with
our own bottle of wine.  Pretty sure they were used to it.
The table next to us was drinking airplane size vodka sodas.

Oh did I say I was drinking wine?  Well, then there was this at the Piano Bar.
Did you know the bars are open till 4 a.m.? Exhibit A

Dinner at Quartino.  Small plates Italian style.  Delish.

Millennium Park
Fun to get all dolled up and spend an obnoxious amount of time getting ready.

Meanwhile, back at home.  Bret was providing periodic updates for me.  I found them humorous, I'm not sure he meant them to be funny.

"Dinner"
He better have been kidding.

"I feel off the trampoline, but my face still seems to be intact.  Love you, mommy"

And this was suppose to be comforting?  Good thing I got this text after Exhibit A.   

1 comment: