Monday, May 9, 2011

Bright Side...

Ok, so my last post might have been a little bit dramatic....Today we received a few more clarifications on our specific process and I've realized that one weekend of wallowing in self-pity is enough.  I just have to stay positive, and with the help and support of all of you, I know I can do it!!! One positive is that we are now not limited on how many care packages we can send to Nash.  I've already started shopping for the next one!  Woot-woot.  I'm open to suggestions on items a 10 month old might want or need that can fit in that  1 gallon bag.  This weekend I also realized that when I start to get down, its hard on everyone, especially my hubby.  He was so supportive and was just trying to cheer me up by pointing out the positives of the situation.  I realized that he never really gets the chance to feel upset because I'm too busy being upset enough for the two of us, which is not fair to him.  I surprised him by putting Nash's picture in a frame so he can take it to work and show him off.  Don't worry, I'm not spoiling the surprise, he has yet to log-on to my blog!   I told ya this blog was going to be part therapy.  I feel better already.

2 comments:

  1. Your last post was not dramatic, it was very honest. It is good to be able to let it out! I am still trying to wrap my mind around this new time frame. I am so glad that you pointed out the new care package guidelines. I think that there are going to be quite a few gallon bags on their way to Korea soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly sounds like a justified wallowing weekend and right on for moving on at your own pace. You are as brave a Berg as ever and nice call on the kudos for Bret. As we've been saying around here lately, someone's got to be the squirrel in a house full of nuts! : )

    ReplyDelete