Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Whatnot Wednesdays....

In an effort to make sure "Nash Talk" does not loose steam, I might divert from the subject of Nash at times, because although I can't wait till this blog is Nash 24/7, its hard to find fillers for blog entries.  Here is my Whats Hot/ Whats Not List for this week.

Sports
Hot- Hines Ward.  The half Korean, super adorable winner of this season DWTS!  He smile is so contagious and my sister is OBSESSED with him. (I guess this is not really sports related but he IS a football star). 
Not- Lance Armstrong- here comes another story of doping allegations.  I have to admit I'm getting a little skeptical of the Live Strong athlete.  (Plus, I'm still mad at him for when he broke up with Sheryl Crow).  Oh, and the Twins, come on boys!  Get your act together.

Food
Hot-Food Trucks! There baaaaack!  And usually only the the metro DT areas, but secretly I want to quite my job and and buy one!  I would serve different types of tacos, including a Korean favorite  Bulgogi (BBQ beef) with homemade tortillas and green rice!  Rights girls?
Not- Buffets.  Plain in simple, they are just not good.  Example:  I was in Vegas with some GF's (many moons ago), we wait in a line that's 45 minutes long only to have my friend turn to me and say "These potatoes taste funny".  I only had to respond to say "oh honey, those are potatoes, those are scallops."   (Remember KT?)

Summer Fashion
HOT- maxi dresses, stripes, corals and flared jeans.
Not- jean shorts on guys.  I see this a lot at the MN state fair.  Please, step out of 1990.  AND Ed Hardy T-shirts.  I see they make them for kids now...Really?  Uh, it looks like someone lost their lunch all over a t-shirt.  Plus, that guy is like BFF's with Jon Gossling.  I rest my case.

TV
Hot- The season finale to The Good Wife.   You. Must. Watch.This. Show.
Not- The Mad Men season getting pushed till March 2012 or whatevs.  Oh, and I wonder if we are going to find out who Betty's baby's daddy is?  I'm keeping my eye on the tabloids for that one and will report back with updates.

1 comment:

  1. I agree on Lance Armstrong and Sheryl Crow! Clearly she is over it, and I am not, how does that work?! Also, I am relieved to hear that maxi dresses are still hot in your book. I finally ordered one (from Boden, in blueberry) and am glad I will not have to cut it into dustcloths when it finally arrives.

    ReplyDelete