Friday, May 6, 2011

Not all news is good...

Warning, Debbie Downer Post:   So I know I mentioned in one of my prior posts, when potentially we might be able to travel to bring Nash home.  Today, we just received some very disappointing devastating news.  Our date to travel has been pushed to February 2012.  I'm in shock.  I was optimistically thinking it might even be October 2011, now its going to be 4 months later than expected.   This is because of the set "quota" by the Korean government of how many emigration permissions they grant to adoptees in a given year.  The Korean Government has been decreasing this number by 1-2% yearly, and the timing of it makes us right at the cut-off for this year.  Other families I've connected with are in the same boat, but it does not make this news any easier to swallow.  At least its Friday, it will give me a few days for my eyes to return to normal from their swollen state.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Allison,
    Just read the forum and thought of you...so sad for you right now. :( Just wanted to let you know that we were thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete