Thursday, May 10, 2012

Back to My Roots!

Today, we've been together one month.  I have to be honest, it seems like much more than that.  I'm starting to feel comfortable being a mom.  Not that I don't constantly think about if we are giving Nash everything he needs to grow up to be a well adjusted and deliriously happy person, it's just that I feel like our family is getting into a groove.  We had a wonderful time in Duluth visiting my family.  Duluth really is an awesome place.  I felt like a kid again showing Nash all the fun things I did growing up.  I have such fond memories of tossing endless amounts of rocks in Lake Superior, watching the big boats come through the lift bridge in the Duluth canal and dining at Grandma's restaurant.  What a special experience to finally be able to share all of this with my son.  We still have so much to explore and can't wait to get back soon.  I think he enjoyed it, although I'm not sure what I have to do to get this kid to smile for a picture!!

Nash, Grandma, and random homeless person
  

So many rocks, so little time.





Ahoy, bringing in the SS Butch at the Duluth Aquarium

Totally does not count as first fishing experience,
but fun nonetheless and no life jacket required.

Water toys! Water toys!  Water toys!

Parents visiting the aquarium.  Bring an extra change of
clothes because these water bibs are worthless.  Your child will  get soaked.

1 comment:

  1. Happy 1 Month! Nash looks like he had a blast!

    ReplyDelete