Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day 2012- times three

My first mother's day.  I'm sure all you mom's out there remember your first.  It was a fantastic day.  Woke up at 8:30, yes, you read that right.  EIGHT-THIRTY!  No, Nash did not sleep in till then but fabulous husband woke up with him and let me catch some extra z's.  Fabulous husband also fetched my favorite bagel sandwich and a extra large cup of Joe from my favorite place.  We spent the rest of the day playing outside, hanging out with Grandma Sandy and planting flowers for the season.  It was an amazing day.

Nash is one lucky boy.  He really has three mom's to celebrate on this day.  Birth mom, foster mom and me, his forever mom.  Lucky for Nash, he only has to listen to one tell him what to do on a daily basis.  In a way of honoring his first two mom's, I thought we could make a tradition of planting a new plant or flowers to remember them each year on this day.  I feel so lucky to be able to be Nash's forever mommy, none of which would have been possible without the love these two amazing women had for Nash.  Nash is already taking special care of our new plant. 

Nash giving our mother's day plant some TLC

Grandma Sandy!

Playing with his new water table.  
Drive Through Car Wash


Fun with Daddy!

Yummy.  Chocolate Bananas with Henry


1 comment:

  1. What a perfect day! Clearly Nash is loving his water table. I love your idea about planting a special plant. I've been thinking about what our "thing" should be, but not sure yet. Would love to copy your idea but plants and I don't mix...

    ReplyDelete