Monday, December 8, 2014

Welcome Home Leo



I think the family is finally over our jet lag. Today I felt like a normal person. It was the first day home alone with Leo while Nash and daddy were off to work and school. I have a feeling my blog posts might turn into a once a month thing (nap time is currently being monopolized by catching up on my shows! Priorities people). I'm sure people are wondering how the trip home was. As you can guess, it was exhausting. We were exhausted before we even set foot in the airport. More emotionally than physically. Leo and Nash were both troopers for the 10 hour flight to San Fransciso. Each slept a handful of hours and the rest is a blur. The hardest part proved to be chasing Leo throughout the various security and custom lines.  Leo has really attached to me.  As you might remember Nash attached to Bret first. So, part of me is happy that Leo has let me comfort him, but part of me would like to call In a bedtime reliever (a/k/a daddy). It will happen, it just takes time. Leo's transition into our family has been nothing short than amazing. To date, we have seen very little grief from him. I find this weird and complete different than our experience with Nash. So it makes our life a little easier right now but still wonder when we will see it. 

Leo is sleeping really well. We have him set up with a crib mattress on his room floor and either Bret or I will sleep in his bed. He only wakes up a couple times but just wants to check to see if we are there. He's not eating a ton. Mostly noodle soups, rice, scrambled eggs and milk. He loves milk! Refuses to eat any fruits and has some toddler undesirable behaviors that included spitting out and throwing any foods he does not like. And speaking of throwing......enjoys throwing toys at Nash's head. Like huge toys that hurt. Poor Nash. So many adjustments but I never thought fear of his little brother would be one of them. Let's hope we can quickly figure out a way to curb this behavior so the boys can start bonding. But when Leo is not demonstrating his javelin arm, he is so sweet. Loves to play with his toy cars, giving hugs and snuggle. Every day we learn something new about him. We feel so blessed to be safely home and finally just able to be a family of four. 

Special shout out to Des, Steve, and Simon. Who greeted us at the airport to capture our first moments home! 










No comments:

Post a Comment