Thursday, June 21, 2012

Father's Day 2012- A lot like Appa

We spent Bret's first father's day at the lake.  We typically don't do gifts for these hallmark holidays (don't get me wrong, I love all of them), but I did end up getting Bret a new framed picture of Nash for his office. Bret and Nash are very similar.  I thought I'd dedicate this post to the Top 10 ways Nash is just like his Appa.

1.  Their favorite word is "no".  Nash seems to say this every time you ask him a question.  Same with Bret, (i.e. Honey, can I go shopping?  How about a vacation soon?  Can we get a new fridge?)
2. They both love the outdoors.  Morning, noon, and night. Sun, rain or wind.  They prefer the outdoors to in.
3. They love to figure out how things work and try to fix them. Nash with his toy cars, Bret with his never working snow-blower.
4. They love to do yard work.
5. Both like to sleep on the floor.  Lately, Nash has been getting out of his bed and wanting to sleep on his floor.  When Nash is upset in the middle of the night, Bret will join him on the floor.
6. They love to wrestle.  THANK GOODNESS Nash took my place in this department.  I hate to rough house and Bret couldn't be happier that our little guy likes to tumble around in place of his wimpy mama.
7. Both are very determined.  Bret has an amazing work ethic and never stops trying.  I can say the same for Nash.  He is always looking to climb a higher slide or try anything he sees older kids doing.
8. Social butterflies!  My two guys love to be around people, to them life is one big party.
9. Both hate the share- although I think Nash is making better progress in this department!!!
10. They both think the world of each other.  Nothing makes either one more happy than being able to spend time together.

Bret is on vacation this week so Nash and I got the chance to soak up a lot of Appa time.

All A-Board the SS Bubbles

Appa- "Please sit down Nash"

Campfire Treats!

Enjoying his first s'more of the season

"Come on Appa, share!!!"

This marshmellow will suffice, thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Very sweet, so glad these two boys found their way to each other.

    ReplyDelete