Monday, June 4, 2012

Freezing Time

I wish I could freeze time.  Freeze the moments when I'm home with Nash, watching him grow by the minute, comfort and hug him when he's down, laugh at all the silly things he does,  kiss his skinned knees, and give him all the love he could ever need.  Now that it is June, my last month of leave, I'm starting to obsess think about his pending transition to daycare.  Do I really only have 4 weeks left?  I've counted and recounted my calendar, hoping that I accidentally miscalculated the days remaining.  Let's rewind and revisit a post I had about 3 or so weeks into my leave.  I think I was talking about how much I missed work, friends, having freedom.  I still miss those things but not nearly as much as the first weeks home and would love to just make time standstill during this last month.  Tomorrow, we are going to visit Nash's daycare for the first time.  We will continue to do this over the next month.  The transition for Nash is not going to be easy, nor for Bret and I.  We worry that he will feel abandoned.  He has trouble enough when Bret leaves for the day.  You rarely want to put life in fast-forward mode.  I'm sure during this transition period I'll try to keep the big picture in mind.  Will Nash eventually adjust?  I think so.  I'm just dreading to have to put him through another huge adjustment in his life.  If Nash could talk I'm sure he would ask why Henry from across the street couldn't just take care of him.  I'll try to make it through the first visit without crying (famous last words).  I'm feeling just so emotional lately and I know this big change has been weighing heavily on my heart.  The good news?  My fab employer is letting me work a 32 hr. work week!  I feel blessed that I'll have that one extra day with him each week.

Here are some photos from our professional session we had a few weeks ago.  Nash surely surprised our photographer when she called me to say he was so busy that she would like to re-shoot to get some better shots!  I think they turned out pretty cute nonetheless.







2 comments: