Monday, March 7, 2011

10,000 adoptees in the land of 10,000 lakes

Wow, I'm so touched at all the support for this blog!  I already have more followers than FB friends.  I thought I would throw out a little information while I still have your attention.   We have received so much support from our family and friends throughout this process.  The adoptive community is huge in Minnesota and for that, I'm so thankful!  Did you know that Minnesota has over 10,000 Korean adoptees, which makes its the highest number per-capita in the world?  Ok, off my soapbox, lets turn to the star of the show.  Our boy Nash.  Many of you have had specific questions about him, here are some of the more frequent ones we've received.
Who does Nash live with? 
He lives with his foster mom (FM) and her family.  He has been with her since almost birth.  We know he is being very spoiled.  The FMs in Korea are angels, guardian angels.  They care for these babies like their own.  Most babies get to sleep on the floor with their mom's and are rarely, if ever apart from them. 
How often do you get updates on him?
This is tough to swallow, still for us.  We only can request two updates because....well.....that's what we were told.  I'm guessing the reason is the agency here, and in Korea don't have the capacity to send monthly updates to the families.  Last time I checked, there were 94 families in our agency alone, waiting to travel to Korea to bring home their babies home. 
When does he get to come home!?
So many unknowns in adoption, and this is the hardest one to tell people, and frankly, to ourselves.  We are being told, that expect to wait up to 11 months.  Our best guess is November or December.  Why so long?   Oh honey, that is another post for another time!  

No comments:

Post a Comment