Sunday, March 6, 2011

Kimchi Pizza-An open letter to Nash

Dear Nash,

Today you turned 8 months!  The last picture we have of you, you were only 5 months old.  You must be changing so much.   Last night, Daddy and I checked out a new pizza place that we are sure you will love.  The owner is Korean American and she knows pizza!  As we sat there and ate our Kimchi pizza, I thought about what is going to be like taking you to all our favorite places, as well as discovering which ones will be yours.  Some places I can't wait to take you include the Minnesota Zoo, the Children's Science Museum, the boardwalk in Duluth to look at all the ships and throw rocks in the lake, and the Union Terrance in Madison.  Oh, and I must not forget the cabin!  I can just picture you and Nolan having a great time, exploring the woods, fishing with Uncle Mike, and grandpa taking all of us for boat rides. 

I wonder what your foster mom and family have planned for your today.  Even though most people might not celebrate every month of a birthday, today, especially, my heart is aching to have you home with us.  Daddy and I are planning to paint your room today (green v. blue? we can't decide!).  We love you. 
xoxo,
Mommy and Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment