Friday, March 25, 2011

Politics Schmolitics

Why do you have to wait so long to travel?  This is probably the most common question we get when we tell people it might be November or December before we will travel to South Korea to bring Nash home.  Honestly, I’d be thrilled if it was November.  The current time lines they are giving families are you have to wait up to 11 months or maybe longer.  Let’s dissect this statement.  Hmmm, wait up to 11 months, this leaves the possibility that it might be before?  I’m still trying to decide if I’m a glass is “half empty” or “half full” type of gal.  I think it depends on the day.  Today, I’m feeling half empty.  Maybe it’s because I’m now being told it might be a month before we get the promised new pictures of Nash   Hey, I get it.  We are not the only family waiting to get updates, the call to travel, etc.  Currently 96 families alone are waiting to travel (just in our agency in MN).  
Ok, back to the original question.  The reason why we have to wait so long is the Korean Government only issues so many immigration permissions to adoptee children in a given year.  Once a certain quota is met for the year, you have to wait until the next.  I have no idea where we are in the quota line.  Perhaps Brad and Angelina could lobby for us?  Its pathetic, but that’s my best and only idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment