Sunday, April 8, 2012

The American Tourists in Seoul

We have 3 full days to explore the sight, tastes, and sounds of Seoul. I'm grateful for this time. I'm trying to build all these memories so I can share stories with Nash of his beautiful birth country. I'm taking an obscene amount of photos but wanted to share some of my favorites. So far we have, toured the Demilitarized zone between North and South Korea, toured the National Folk museum, hit the Insa-dong markets for some shopping, Changdeokgung palace, and took a walking food tour with O'ngo Foods. The people here are beautiful and ridiculously fashionable! I'll do my best to dress Nash in accordance with the unwritten Korean dress code! After a few mishaps the subway subway figured it out and you can get to anywhere in the city. The city is very clean! This might be my last post until we arrive home. Thanks to all of you for your well wishes and thoughts. I'm tearing up just thinking about all the emotions over this past week. Our journey is just beginning but I could not imagine how it could have started out any better or different. The city of Seoul and the people will always be close to our hearts. We are so blessed.

 

 

Look! You can see North Korea in the background!

 

Insa-dong Market

Food tour with Daniel and O'ngo Foods! It was amazing. Here we are having traditional Korean BBQ. At some back ally local spot we would have never found on our own.

 

I can't remember the name of this braised chicken dish but it was delish and spicy!

I could have this everyday! Korean berry drink. It was located on the menu under "healthy". I went with it, who cares about the scoop of ice cream.

Yep. Drank it all and did not share.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you have been having such a great trip! I can not wait to see you home as a family of three!!

    ReplyDelete