Saturday, April 21, 2012

When I'm a mother...

When I was waiting to travel to bring Nash home, I had lots of time to think about all thing things I would and wouldn't do as a mother. Only a week in I've already broken many of the pre-parenting list of guidelines I was going to use. Nash continues to surprise me everyday with how well he is adjusting. Over this past week we have really bonded and I have to say we are both learning to trust each other. Attachment in adoption is a serious subject. We have taken classes and read many books on the subject. I really feel he has made great strides in attaching to the both of us. He seems really happy most of the time. With the meltdowns coming when he is either really tired, hungry or not getting his way. Things I feel are very typical for a toddler. For laughs, here are a few of the rules I've broken.
1. Nash will eat what we eat.
Pffffffff......lol! I have a picky eater and it's killing me. Honestly, this has been the most stressful part of our transition. He seems to only eat yogurt (by the gallon), peanut butter Cheerios (I blame this on daddy) and fruit ( which is good I know). Every meal everyday I feel like I prepare 16 different foods trying to get Nash to try some other foods.
2. I will not lick my finger and wipe his face. Just broke this one 5 seconds ago, sorry buddy!
3. Nash won't have sugar or rarely. ( see pic below for how long that lasted.)
4. Nash won't run around with dirty clothes. (see yogurt picture below). The first day I changed him 3 times, now a quick wipe of the shirt will have to do.
5. I won't neglect Butch. I think we've done pretty well with this one but the other day I totally forgot I left him outside for like 2 hours!
6. I'm going to keep toys in basement. Do I even NEED to tell you how long that lasted?????
Could this grandpa sweater be any more adorable?!
First bite of the famous Patty cake at YUM! Bakery.  Thank you Jenny, Charlie and Henry Harper!
We finally got Nash to start wearing a bib THANK GOODNESS!!  It's so messy.
Nash loves to try every single toy at the park.  He really has no fear.  Gulp.
Having a heart to heart with Butch.
Yep, more cake.  Hubby surprised me when he came home from work.  So sweet.   Best. Birthday.Ever

No comments:

Post a Comment