Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Whatnot Wednesdays

Everyday it's a dilemma.  Do I shower or blog?  Today I'm going to blog.  Looking presentable is overrated anyways right?  Maybe my skin has liked the break from wearing make-up?  OMG, I don't even know what the spring "must haves" are.  I went from checking People.com and the banana republic websites everyday to barely being able to return week old e-mails.  I'm having such a blast with Nash.  Everyday it just gets better and better but at the same time, I do already miss some of my old life.  I miss my friends, co-workers, going to the gym, talking to Bret about something other than poop and naps, and sitting down to eat.  I'm so blessed to have become a mother in a time where I was ready to give up a lot of my selfish ways.  I think it's ok to want to balance the two worlds...my old world vs. my new world.  Slowly but surely I'll be able to enjoy all of those things again.  We are still staying close to home and not doing too much.  Until then we have DVR, take-out dinners and texting with my friends.  Bret is having a hard time being away at work. I can tell how much he misses him during the day....soon enough I'll be back and work and feeling the same way.  I'm really just going to soak up and enjoy every moment I have with my little buddy.  (I have to stop calling him that!  Sometimes I think he looks at me and thinks.. really mom, what is my name, Nash or buddy.)

Just a quick update on how Nash is doing.  Currently, he is obsessed with car rides and is sleeping alone in his little toddler bed.  I honestly was anticipating co-sleeping with him until he was 10 but he seems to love his room and likes his alone time (especially when he wakes up).  This morning, he just woke us up by walking into our room and snuggled with us and Butchy before we all got up.  Moments like that you want to relish and never forget.  My mom came to visit and we had a great time with Grandma!


Hi mom! 

Nap time

1 comment: