Monday, April 30, 2012

Let's Go to The Zoo!

When I was thinking about this post, all I could think about is the famous line from Jerry McGuire, "Let's go to the zoo, Jerry!"  Last Friday, we had our first date with Simon and his mom for a fun day at the Minnesota Zoo.  Ever since we got home, I couldn't wait for Simon and Nash to finally meet.  Obviously, I didn't expect them to squeal with delight once they finally saw each other (that is what I did), but it was so amazing to see both our boys together, finally.  We spent most of our time looking at the baby farm animals.  The boys had fun getting their fingers licked by the goats, while Desirae and I tried to capture ever moment on film.  As we were walking side by side, the boys sat in their strollers and gabbed back and forth in their own little secret baby language.  I pictured the conversation going something like this.

Nash- "hey, it's nice to finally see your mug, my mom spends a lot her day on her phone texting your mom."
Simon-"it's nice to meet you finally, too.  I met your mom in Korea and she was taking lots of pictures of me at Paris Baguette Cafe. It was quite distracting because all I wanted to do was eat my donut in peace."
Nash-"yes, she is always taking pictures and trying to get me to place nice with Butchy."
Simon-"Oh, I hear that all day too, be nice to Gretzky.  I have some snacks I'll share with you later."
Nash-"awesome, my mom forgot to bring water so I might need some of that, too.  Oh, and did I tell you that my mom locked me in the car at my daddy's softball game?  Rookie parents."
Simon-"oh, tough luck!  Did you get a treat after?"
Nash-"yep, a chocolate milk shake."

And now for the pictures!  Are they not the cutest together?  When they are 18, I'll post the then/now and it will be so fun to look back.

They didn't seem to mind the germs...that's all I could think about.

He looks, kissable!

Love.

Come on, lady! Enough with the photos.

Don't mind if I help myself!

Simon is an expert at sharing!  Good job, mom.

This was right before Nash almost squeezed the life out of the
little chic.  Lovely.



2 comments:

  1. Cutie Pies! I think your convo hypothesis is spot on except Simon would add something like "I'll share my snacks but I won't let you hold the container and I'm not real forthcoming with the goldfish". :)

    ReplyDelete