Thursday, April 12, 2012

Family Day! April 10, 2012

I'm super behind on updating the blog.  We are home safe and sound and getting used to being a family of 3 (well 4 with Butch).  I'll blog more later about what Nash is doing (mostly exploring our house and chasing around Butchy), but I wanted to start (document) about our Family Day (the day Nash was placed in our arms forever).   At 11:00 on April 10th, it was our last meeting with foster mom.  She brought her one daughter with to the meeting.  I was surprised to see that she had packed for us, many of Nash's most precious belongings.  She had put together photo albums throughout the 20 months we were not together, which were beautiful, and we also got his first birthday hanbok.  I was so excited about this particular gift.  The whole day I was overwhelmed with emotions.  I cried throughout much of the meeting.  Foster mom totally kept it together.  Once we left in the van Nash was quick to learn what was going on.  He was very upset, and continued to be upset for most of the rest of the day and night.  I when I say upset, I mean upset.  Our little guy was violently grieving for his foster family.  It was heartbreaking to listen to Nash cry for his Umma and Appa.  In the hotel he kept bringing to us his shoes and coat wanting to leave.  We are quickly realizing how smart our little guy is.  We all finally got some sleep and we were off to the airport.  Thankfully, Nash has totally bonded with Bret.  The report we got on him said he does prefer males to females but I mean, he LOVES BRET.  Pretty much wants nothing to do with me.  So, as long as Bret was holding him, feeding him, he was ok.  All things considered the 12 hour flight to Dallas went fine.  I was expecting the worst but overall, he did well.  He just played underneath our seats and slept a little.  The last leg of the trip from Dallas to Minneapolis he slept the entire time!  I want to blog a separate entry about our arrival home to our friends and family, which was the most amazing day.  Thank you to all your well wishes.  We are so blessed to be Nash's parents.  The real journey starts now and can't wait to share with all of you how special and loved this little guy is.

1 comment:

  1. So glad that you are home and can just BE a family. Such a relief. You are great parents already.

    ReplyDelete