Saturday, April 14, 2012

Nash is feeling the love....

How could he not?  I wanted to quick sent a HUGE thank you to all our family and friends who made our transition home a little easier.  After traveling close to 24 hours (and feeling quite home sick) the first faces we saw when we got off the plane were family and friends!  I couldn't believe all the people that came out to greet us.  Thank you to my parents, sissy, Bjorna, Tina, Jackie, Liza, Katie, Betsy, Fleisch, and Ramona for greeting us with tears, balloons and smiles!  It was hard to not be overwhelmed with emotion.  For so long, Nash was just a boy in a picture.  It was an unforgettable moment to see every one's face when they finally got the chance to see him in person!  Not only did most take off work to greet us, they brought gifts and filled our fridge with homemade goodies.  Another special thanks to Jenny and her family for making a huge grocery run and the indoor outdoor slide Nash has already put many miles on!

The transition for Nash has been tough.  He wears his heart on his sleeve (similar to his mama).  He seems most happy during the day when he can play with his toys and be distracted.  He is a very busy boy.  I'm amazed and his coordination and maturity.  He's like an adult trapped in a little persons body.  He mimics everything, is a master at climbing stairs, eating with utensils, drinking from real cups and pretend plays.  He is very strong willed, and at time seems so serious but also has a silly side.  He has the most adorable belly laugh that turns into full roll-over on the floor.  He is very social and LOVES kids.  Everyday we learn 50 new things about him.  His babbles a lot and calls Bret daddy in Korean.  We were told he is a good eater but I'm finding he is pretty picky.  I've tried to recreate the fried rice that foster mom would make for him but he is so smart, and knows its an impostor.  He smells everything before he eats it, which it completely hilarious and karma because I do that!  Here are some pictures because lets me honest, that is all anyone cares about!   Last night I think we might have turned a corner, I'll write more about that later!
This boy can fall asleep anywhere!

His head looks giant in this pic!!!  All brains, all brains.

This was taken by Liza at the airport!  Good thing nobody captured a picture of me..I was a crying mess.  Nash was loving all the attention from the beautiful ladies!


No time for the little kid swing.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome Home Nash!!! It is so exciting to see pictures of you at home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to meet him. I'm know I'm in the midst of this too but at the same time I can't believe Nash is here and you are a hands on mom now! Nash is going to have to teach Simon how to swing because so far he wants nothing to do with it...and Simon can show Nash how to eat everything.

    ReplyDelete