Monday, April 16, 2012

Was it a Dream?

I had a dream that Nash and I had the best day together. He wakes up happy as a clam, eats well, we have fun playing, learning and reading books, and goes down easy for a nap.  In this dream he begs to help with clean-up and the sweeping and gives Butchy hugs and kisses.  Throughout the day we continue to bond and he does not seem upset that daddy is gone to work.  He gives kisses, high fives and lets me snuggle with him.

Wait....this was not a dream this was our day!!!  Honestly, I couldn't have asked for a better day with my sweet boy.  I was so over joyed and proud of him that when I was reading to him I started to cry out of sheer happiness.  (Yes, I've been doing that a lot lately).  Ok, so it's only 1:45 (he is napping) and they day is not over, but as you could sense by my last post, I was really nervous about Bret leaving for the day.  Bret managed to get out the door today before Nash woke up and I think it made the difference.  Maybe Nash is used to being alone all day with just mom?  Makes sense based on the environment in which he grew up.  OMG, the sun just came out!  What's next, will money fall from the sky and Brad and Angelina get married? Oh wait, that dream did come true.  Not the money part, the Brangelina wedding part.   

Best.Day.Ever (so far)

4 comments:

  1. Good work mama! I am glad your first solo day was a good one! I am sure both you and Nash were pretty excited to see Bret get home tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the most amazing post and makes me cry to think of you bonding with your little guy. What special moments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie B.(sis-in-law)April 17, 2012 at 7:00 AM

    I'm tearing up reading this! We are so happy for you! Love to your little family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for fun days with cute boys!

    ReplyDelete